1. Coping techniques: when feeling sad, things that help uplift and comfort me; when feeling upset, things that help calm and soothe me
2. My positive qualities, strengths, and things I like about myself
3. A list of my friends (people who I am fond of and who are also fond of me)
4. Positive affirmations that help me gain perspective
5. Wonderful memories that I never want to forget
6. Inspirational quotes - collected wisdom
7. Lessons learned in life (so I don’t have to repeat them)
8. Goals - daily, weekly, monthly; short-term, mid-range, long-term
9. Personal identity questions - refer to blog category “Personal Identity”
10. Emotional processing of feelings and needs - allowing myself to vent and express how I feel
Acceptance & Belief Restructuring
I accept that I have experienced…
I am willing to now experience…
Awareness of Feelings and Needs
How am I feeling?
What are these feelings telling me about what I really want and/or need?
What am I doing to sabotage my own wants and needs?
What can I do to help get my own needs met in a healthy way?